Recently PowderNation contacted Homeboys and us about their latest, much-anticipated PowderGuide Mobile Phone Application. The PowderGuide performs as a mountain guide and planning tool, allowing winter sports enthusiasts access to a wealth of information in the palm of their hands. Users have immediate, one-touch access to current mountain information including reports and conditions, lift ticket purchases, as well as information on shopping, lodging, attractions and other local activities.
The PowderGuide is currently available on the iPhone and Blackberry and will soon be available on Windows Mobile, Palm, and the Android platforms and can be accessed through the mobile devices’ respective app stores. The PowderGuide offers a myriad of content channels, giving users access to all the information they desire about their favorite ski resort and the surrounding community. The PowderGuide utilizes smart technology allowing for GPS based turn-by-turn directions, automatic dialing, access to webcams, ski patrol emergency notification, interactive maps and other coveted information.
“The application suits our demographic perfectly. We have always liked being at the forefront of technology and this keeps us top of mind with young users who live and die by their phones,” said John McColly, the Marketing Director for Southern California ski resort, Mountain High. “Integrating an app complements Mountain High’s efforts to further expand our use of social media to get skiers and riders talking about the resort.”
PowderNation is based in Southern California and was formed by two college friends with a passion for traveling and the outdoors. The integration of society and technology is apparent to PowderNation’s founders who have made it their goal to provide unmatched ease and convenience for other outdoor enthusiasts, through the use of mobile phone applications.
Please, tell me more about PowderGuide..
PowderGuide is an interactive ski resort guide available on iPhone, Blackberry and other smartphones. PowderGuide is designed for skiers and riders to quickly and easily access all the information they desire about their favorite mountain resort and community, 24 hours a day, at the top of a run – or at the office sitting in their desk chair.
The PowderGuide application provides current mountain information – conditions, trails, and tickets. The application also allows visitors to plan and enjoy their vacation with easy access to information on lodging, restaurants, attractions, transportation, equipment rentals, shopping, and more. During the summer, The PowderGuide’s content adapts to promote summer resort activities.
The PowderGuide brings attention to mountain services and provides convenience to the skier. The PowderGuide opens a new channel to directly communicate with visitors, and quickly and conveniently promotes the resort’s services and amenities. The PowderGuide can easily notify users about lift packages, midweek specials, and powder dumps.
The PowderGuide utilizes the features and capabilities that make iPhones and Blackberry’s revolutionary. Skiers and riders will benefit from GPS-guided directions, automatic dialing, interactive maps, webcams, videos, reviews, and more. The PowderGuide connects with skiers and riders to deepen the connection to their favorite sports and activities.
The PowderGuide is a green and cost-effective marketing tool. The PowderGuide delivers a myriad of content channels to entertain and inform visitors, with no printing or distribution costs. Smart phones are rapidly becoming the primary method of personal communication, allowing users the traditional functions of a phone with the advanced features and convenience of a handheld computer. PowderNation leads the winter sports industry into this new era by seamlessly delivering the mountain and everything around it to user’s finger tips.
Features… tell me ALL the features of PowderGuide
So, here they are. Not too shabby..
- Compatible on: iPhone, Blackberry, Palm, & Android.
- Family/Buddy Tracker: See your family and friends location on a live map*.
- Ski Patrol Alert: In cases of emergency, automatically sends GPS coordinates to ski patrol.
- Facebook Connect Log-In: Users of the PowderGuide can log in with their facebook username and password. Enable users to share their mountain experience with their friends on facebook*.
- Live Condition Reporting: PowderNation pulls data directly from local and nationwide databases, ensuring the most accurate information.
- GPS Navigation: For door to door directions.
- Trail map: Displays the mountain map.
- Interactive Trail Map: Use GPS to show skiers and boarders exactly where they are*.
- Snow report: Displays daily snow report & conditions.
- Grooming Report: Displays daily grooming information.
- Lift Status: Updated list showing which chair lifts are open, and the current wait at each lift.
- Skier Stats: Track skiers’ runs throughout the day to provide statistics on which runs were skied, how many total miles skied, total vertical skied, and speed*.
- About: An introduction of the mountain, mountain profile and statistics, useful phone numbers and addresses.
- Weather: Current weather and forecast.
- Tickets: Displays lift ticket prices and purchase.
- Transportation: Useful information on how to get to the mountain – flight info, road advisory, maps, directions, car repair, roadside assistance.
- Ski School: Displays ski school information and prices.
- Rentals: Display equipment rental information.
- Repairs: Equipment repair information.
- Dining: Information about the restaurants located on and around the mountain.
- Lodging: Information on hotels, condos, and chalets.
- Shopping: Local stores carrying outdoor gear, clothing, groceries, hardware, etc.
- Event Calendar: Listing of special events.
- Deals & Packages: Special deals providing discounts on lifts, lodging, transportation, or rentals.
- Environment: Promote your mountain’s commitment to environmental responsibility and tips for visitors to reduce impact.
- Family Activities: Family oriented activities – daycare, sledding, dog sleds, sightseeing.
- Web Cams: Display live webcams.
- Videos: Play featured videos.
- Photo Gallery: Share photos.
- Twitter Integration: PowderGuide users can upload photos and tweets of their experience at your mountain.
*In Forthcoming Versions
Who are these Powder Nation guys, anyway?
PowderNation’s goal is to provide winter enthusiasts information on local mountain conditions and area entertainment in order to make their trip more enjoyable. With all the information anyone would ever want to know at just a touch of their fingertips, 24 hours a day, people can easily plan their next move.
PowderNation offers mountain resorts the solutions to carry them into the next generation of mobile media and communication. PowderNation’s products provide the connection between mountain and guest, and enable mountains to better identify visitors needs.
PowderNation has most recently been featured by Transworld Snowboarding, Snowboarder Magazine and the National Ski Area Association Journal, PowderNation is based in Southern California and was formed by two college friends with a passion for traveling and the outdoors. The integration of society and technology was apparent to PowderNation’s founders who wanted to use technology as a tool for making a vacation more of what it is supposed to be, effortless and fun.
Powered by Facebook Comments